Monday, July 20, 2015

Watercolor Memories

Have you ever created a layout without photos? Maybe you took a class and ended up with a beautiful layered page with spaces to add photos and journaling, or (like me recently) you just had to create something even though you didn't have access to your photos right then.

I had some extra time at Scrappin' Goodtime after I picked up the new Ken Oliver Watercolor Memories papers and ephemera cut apart sheet a couple of weeks ago. I didn't have any photos with me, but I decided to go ahead and create a layout. I grabbed a piece of cardstock to designate spaces for my photos and set to work building up layers and adding in a few Queen & Co. Droplets and Frosties.


I really liked the way this turned out and was excited to get home and find some photos to coordinate with it.


I flipped through my photos and found three that I thought would work well with these papers, however, they were the wrong orientation. (For example, the larger photo was landscape rather than portrait.) To fix this "problem" I simply rotated the layout, cropped my photos and added them on top of the cardstock. A few of the ephemera pieces have wording, which was now sideways because I'd rotated the layout. I fixed this "problem" by covering those with the ephemera cut apart pieces I had leftover.


I added a small strip of paper under my main photo for journaling. (This strip was actually the back of the bar-coded strip from the patterned paper.)


And just that simply, I had a completed layout that's ready to go in my Early Years album. (After it's been on display at the store for a while, of course!)


Have you ever rotated a completed (without photos) layout to make it work with your photos? Did you have to make any other adjustments?

Happy Scrappin' Y'all - Melissa Gross (Design Team Member)
My Blog: Daily Life - Bits & Pieces

No comments: