Monday, July 13, 2015

Barbie Pocket Page

Remember this layout I shared a couple of months ago? It's a simple layout using one 12x12 sheet of white cardstock, several pocket cards from the Project Life Strawberry Edition Core Kit, washi tape and glitter tape.


I had lots of additional photos from the Barbie exhibit described in my journaling, so I decided to create a companion page using a Project Life divided page protector and more cards from that same kit. I cropped my photos and arranged them on the various cards.


Since these cards are double-sided, I simply turned them over and added more cropped photos on the back before slipping them into the page protector.


Using similar pocket cards from the same kit helps to tie these pages together. I added a few strips of the washi tape and glitter tape to a few of the cards as an additional clue that these pages belong together.


These pages will reside together in our 2013 chronological albums. I like to create 12x12 layouts that showcase a few photos and my journaling, then the addition of a divided pocket page allows me to add more photos from that event or story. (Click HERE or HERE to see more examples of combining traditional layouts and pocket pages on my blog.)

Do you combine traditional 12x12 layouts with divided pocket pages in your albums?

Happy Scrappin' Y'all - Melissa Gross (Design Team Member)
My Blog: Daily Life - Bits & Pieces

2 comments:

tara_n_shanes_mom said...

Love it! 😃

Amyih said...

Very cute! Love the rainbow of color!