Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Best Creation Glitter Papers

I almost always have cooking/baking/grilling photos to scrap, so I was thrilled to work with Best Creation's Glitter Paper Collections on a couple of layouts.

I started with these two papers from the Mom's Kitchen collection.


I chose the paper on the left as my background, which I mounted onto pink cardstock. I then fussy cut the hanging items from the second paper and added that to my background. I also used the back side of that paper (with the stripes) as my photo mat. To add more dimension and reinforce the baking theme of this layout, I added Little B Cooking dimensional stickers. (I didn't add any journaling to  my layout, however the light background makes it easy to simply add a block of journaling underneath the photo!)


The sticker letters I chose for the word "ICING" in my title were difficult to see because they were close to the color of the background paper. To help them pop off the page, I simply traced around them with a pen!

For my next layout, I started with two papers from Best Creation's Barbeque Glitter Paper Collection.


I wanted to use the paper on the left as my background, but I also wanted to use that glittery grill as a focal embellishment. I cut the center out of the paper, then filled in that empty space with the other paper. (If you've never cut the middle out of a paper before, I have a tutorial on my blog HERE. The measurements would need to be adjusted depending on the width of the desired border.)

Next I double matted a grid design for my photos, title, and the grill embellishment.


Here's a closer look at the grill - see how FUN and glittery these papers are!


Do you have cooking/baking/grilling photos to scrap? Stop by and check out the cooking section at the store to find the perfect papers and embellishments for your photos!

Happy Scrappin' Y'all - Melissa Gross (Design Team Member)
My Blog: Daily Life - Bits & Pieces

1 comment: