Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Graphic 45 Home Sweet Home!



Hello Goodtimers!  Sandy here with my layouts and mini album that I created using the super fabulous, stunningly beautiful Graphic 45 Home Sweet Home paper collection!  Did I say that I absolutely LOVE this collection!  I do!!  There's just so much you can do with it--mini albums, cards, layouts!  In the photo above I did a simple yet gorgeous layout featuring a black and white photo of our daughter and son-in-law.  I love how the black cardstock makes the photo and the paper stand out!  I fussy cut a bit of the paper for the flower bouquet and then added in some flowers from my stash plus punched out a flower from the paper to match the border.

For the second page of this double page layout, I decided to use that gorgeous floral paper as my background and use the blue pattern with black to to make this photo of two of our grandchildren really stand out.  Again, I used flowers from my stash and punch out a flower from the red patterned paper.


When I first received my designer kit from Susie at Scrappin' Goodtime, my mind went straight to "recipe book!"   I had seen a small paper bag mini album on the Graphic 45 blog and decided to adapt it for a larger size paper bag (lunch bags from Walmart), I used the wrapped cover idea and created a family recipe book.  The ribbon is the closure and unwraps from the left side.  I used a lot of the Graphic 45 Chipboard stickers from this collection and cut aparts.  The lacy trim is punched from Kraft cardstock.  I fussy cut out the beautiful poppy flowers and glossed them with 3-D Lacquer or you could use Glossy Accents.  The word "recipes" is embossed with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder and stamped with a Graphic 45 letter stamp set.  And of course, that is Hug Snug Seam Binding ribbon that you can buy at the store too!


Inside the album are lots of pockets and flaps.  I designed the recipe cards in Word on my computer so I would have lots of extra blank cards for this album.  You can even put in larger cards and recipes into the pockets created by the paper bags. On this page, I put a photo of my sweet Mother and her yummy Blackberry Cobbler recipe--a family favorite.  The other pages in this album feature photos and recipes from my Mother's mother and my two aunts (my Mother's sisters).  I will feature the entire album at a later date on my personal crafting blog.


I really love how this album turned out and had so much fun creating with the Graphic 45 Home Sweet collection!  You can get your own Home Sweet Home papers at the store NOW.  As always, Graphic 45 collections are very popular and once they are gone, they are gone.  Some people buy these fabulous papers just to collect them and to save them for future projects so if you love this line and want to create a few layouts or your own recipe album; go buy yours TODAY!  Oh yes! These layouts AND the recipe album are on display at Scrappin' Goodtime! I'd love for you to go take a look.

Happy Crafting,
Sandy, Scrappin' Goodtime Design Team Member
My Blog:  www.sandyscraftycreations.com

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great projects Sandy! I like how you used the black & white photos with these vibrant papers. And the recipe album turned out wonderfully!