Friday, March 20, 2015

Loopy Bows and Hug Snug Ribbon!


Hello Goodtimers! Sandy here to share about "Hug Snug" Seam Binding Ribbon and how to make a "Loopy" bow!  Hug Snug is the most beautiful and wonderful ribbon to make bows for your layouts, mini albums, cards etc.  I absolutely love it and Susie has it in stock at the store for just 25 cents a yard!  Yes! You'll want it in every color!  But if she doesn't have the color you need...you can alter it quite easily with some color sprays or distress inks.  You just need to start off with either white or light cream colored Hug Snug Ribbon.  Spritz it or color it and let it air dry or dry with your Tim Holtz heat gun.  Super easy!

This ribbon is also wonderful for tying simple bows.  You don't have to worry about front or back. Just tie a bow like you normally do. Beautiful.  I like "Loopy" bows for some of my projects.  These are bows that have 4 or more loops.  I made a YouTube video for my own blog sharing how I tie my loopy bows and thought I'd share it here too for you Goodtimer crafty peeps!

If you want to watch this in a bigger format, just click on the words "YouTube" in the lower right hand corner of the video screen below.




Here's a card I made recently using the Graphic 45 Time to Flourish paper and some lovely purple Hug Snug Ribbon. (I made the bow).


It's Friday and I'm  happy to see the weekend arrive.  I have crafting plans and things to make in my craft room.  How about you? What are your plans for this first and possibly rainy weekend of Spring?

Happy Crafting,
Sandy, Scrappin' Goodtime Designer
My blog:  www.sandyscraftycreations.com

P.S. The Magical Designing Weekend is NEXT weekend March 26-29th. Have you signed up yet? It's going to be a fun weekend at the store/retreat creating all things magical!  Hope to see you there!!

No comments: