Monday, March 9, 2015

Authentique's Durable Collection


Have y'all seen all the new Authentique papers in the store? The display spinner is full of individual sheets and paper pads!

I especially like these paper pads with 24 sheets of doubled-sided patterned papers because they offer coordinating colors and designs, yet they can be used with a variety of photos. The Durable Collection is a perfect example. This collection has a masculine feel with colors ranging from blues to browns to grays and reds. I recently created several layouts with this paper line.












The first page I created includes lots of paper layers and distressed edges (and was inspired by a sample layout I saw at the Authentique booth at Scrapbook Expo last month). I also used several of the 3x4 journaling cards tucked into the layers.


My favorite feature is the brick wall paper. The sample layout I saw used this technique of cutting out a piece of the brick wall as a background for a photo, and I knew I wanted to try it. I think it's a perfect backdrop for these photos of my Daddy's Cub Scout Den back in the 50s. (Daddy's the short one in the middle with the silly grin!)


Then I pulled some more recent photos from our trip to the Chickamauga Battlefield. (I was delighted to discover that the cannon as well as all the shirts in these photos coordinate perfectly with the brown, and blue, and green papers!)


I used several 3x4 journaling cards on this layout as well - the lined piece with journaling and the arrows were created by trimming some of the cards.


And finally I completed a layout using a variety of the gray papers to create a completely different look. (You can see the full layout and read more about it on my blog HERE.)


Next time you stop by the store, be sure to check out the Authentique paper pads and journaling cards. You can also see these layouts on display there!

Happy Scrappin' Y'all - Melissa Gross (Design Team Member)
My Blog: Daily Life - Bits & Pieces

1 comment:

Sandy Trefger said...

Fabulous layouts Melissa! And I love those papers!

~Sandy
Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog