Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Time to Celebrate Graphic 45 Layout



Hello Goodtime Scrappers!  Sandy here with my double page layout that I created with the super fabulous, gorgeous Graphic 45 paper collection--"Time to Celebrate."    When I saw these papers at Scrappin' Goodtime, I knew they were perfect for vintage photos of my parents!  The great thing about this collection is that you can buy a sheet of the cutouts that can be used for many occasions such as birthday, wedding and of course anniversary which is what I used for this page.  This photo is of my parents 1 year after they were married.  I so love this photo and will be hanging this on the wall in my sewing/vintage room.  For now, though, it is on display at the store!


Page 2 features a photo of my dad and of my mother, possibly when they were dating.  I just love how the colors of this paper collection make the black and white images stand out.  I know that some find scrapbooking with Graphic 45 a challenge, but remember, all the papers are two sided and one side usually has smaller prints or patterns.  Select solid cardstock that compliments the colors in the patterned paper and mat the photos as I did with the peach and brown then use your busier patterns like the brown floral print and the party print to accent.  Another thing I love about Graphic 45 is fussy cutting out different elements like the butterflies and the roses on both pages.  I also added in the beautiful roses that I custom colored with Tim Holtz Distress ink and Wink of Stella Clear Brush Pen.  I cut out the brown scrolls with my Scan and Cut machine out of brown cardstock and added peach colored pearls.


I have some extra sheets of this beautiful paper and hope to create a mini album by following one of the Graphic 45 monthly tutorials available on their blog.  There is so much you can do with Graphic 45 paper--layouts, mini albums, cards etc.  I hope that if you've used Graphic 45 in the past that you'll join me again in creating with the many collections available.  If you've never used Graphic 45 pick up a few sheets at the store and create something beautiful.  I think you'll love it!


Happy Crafting!

~Sandy, Scrappin' Goodtime Designer

3 comments:

Rachael said...

What a great layout... I always struggle with using this beautiful paper for traditional layouts cuz it's so beautiful I never want to cover it up... What a great showcased of it... Can't wait to get me some and "scraplift" your sketch!

Melissa said...

Beautiful layout!! Those flowers you colored work perfect with these papers!

DIANA L. said...


This is so pretty I love your layout!!
. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com