Sunday, February 22, 2015

Scrapbook Expo 2015

Hands up - who went to Scrapbook Expo in Grapevine this weekend? I know there were some Scrappin' Goodtime fans there because as I was walking around with Susie on Friday afternoon we ran into quite a few of you. We also got to visit with Design Team Member Jill who was volunteering in several of the classes during the expo.

I met up with my friend Amy for the Mega Make & Take Crop on Thursday evening and enjoyed the eleven make & take projects prepared by various vendors, everything from cards to gift card holders to 12x12 layouts. Friday morning we hit the show floor for a little shopping, then attended a class, and enjoyed more cropping in the evening. Honestly, it was quite a whirlwind from the time I arrived at 2 o'clock Friday afternoon until I headed home at 9:30 Saturday evening. (We did head to our room for a short six-hour sleep after Thursday night's crop!)

I especially enjoyed seeing all the samples on display and am looking forward to trying out some of the ideas I gathered on future layouts and projects. There was lots of inspiration in the various booths and it was nice to meet some of the business owners who continue to make this an exciting and fun hobby!

 

The expo was held at the Gaylord Texan Resort, which is a beautiful place . . . however, in all the shops and restaurants and vending machines they only sell Pepsi. Not so great for a Coca-Cola lover like myself. Luckily, Susie & Carla were willing to stop on their way to the show and pick up a Coke just for me!

And I was able to bring home a nice little pile of new products (courtesy of Susie and some of the vendors) that will be showing up on samples in the store very soon.


Did you attend the show? What was your favorite part - shopping, cropping, learning, being inspired, visiting with other scrappers?

Happy Scrappin' Y'all - Melissa Gross (Design Team Member)
My Blog: Daily Life - Bits & Pieces

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

My favorite part was winning the Grand prize of an Expression 2 Friday night at the end of the crop. Soooo exciting!! We always have a great time at the Expo.

Mandy said...

My favorite part was just being there! This was my first time at the Expo (I've attending the GASC in Arlington several times) and it was awesome! So much stuff to see!

Sandy Trefger said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Love all the goodies you got and yay to Susie for rescuing you! Sorry to say...I'm a Pepsi fan. I'll drink Coke too though.

~Sandy
Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog