Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Kaisercraft Blue Bay Collection

My first thought when I saw the Kaisercraft Blue Bay Collection was that it would be perfect for scrapping black and white photos. In fact, the photo I chose for my layout is an older photo of me as a teenager. It's not a great photo - if I remember correctly, it was an enlargement from a Polaroid photo. It was taken on a sunny day, so there are lots of shadows in the photo and it's somewhat blurry.


However, I think those flaws are less noticeable now that the photo is on a completed layout! I cut the middle out of one of the patterned papers, then trimmed that piece down & added it back to the center of my layout. (I have a tutorial for cutting out the middle of a paper on my blog HERE.) To add a little texture, I used my sewing machine to add stitching around the outside border as well as around the lighter paper at the top left of the photo.


I especially enjoyed adding a large cluster of the die cut pieces from this collection to this layout. Adhering some of the pieces with pop dots added dimension and interest to the cluster.


With some of the extra paper scraps and a leftover die cut, I created a card that can be used for any occasion.


I covered another card base with the We R Memory Keepers Arctic Watercolor Washi Tape, added some punched stars and another die cut from the Blue Bay collection for another card that could also be used for many occasions.


What photos would you scrap or which project would you complete using this paper collection?

Happy Scrappin' Y'all - Melissa Gross (Design Team Member)
My Blog: Daily Life - Bits & Pieces

5 comments:

MonicaB said...

Your right. The colors are great for a black and white photo. Very nice layout.

Beverly said...

These elements make such a difference when looking at the photo. The softness and color remind me of my maternal grandmother so I think I would use them for a page about her :)

Sandy Trefger said...

Very beautiful layout! I love the colors and patterns of these papers! Perfect for your black and white gorgeous photo!


~Sandy
Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

Susanne said...

What a beautifully nostalgic collection and page!

Sandra said...

Oh isn't this beautiful