Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Five Ways To Use Paper Doilies On Cards

Have y'all seen the display of Doodlebug paper doilies in the store? There are a ton of ways these doilies can be used on cards, and today I'm sharing five of them.

Photo: ENABLER ALERT!!!!! Bright colored Doilies from Doodlebug....yep you'll want ALL of these too! Solids and Polka Dots.....so cute! 

1. Use the whole doily as a background for your sentiment.

2. Use a partial doily along the edge of one side of the card.

3. Use half the doily along a dividing line.
4. Layer multiple doilies for lots of dimension.

5. Create dress embellishments with the doilies. (I so wish I could take credit for this idea, but I actually found a wonderful tutorial HERE and just had to try it out!)

I used the same basic technique with one of the colored doilies but had to cut and layer the skirt pieces rather than simply folding the doily.

Next time I'm at the store, I'll definitely be adding more of these doilies to my stash! Have you tried them yet? What's your favorite way to use them?

No comments: